Meet for the Vienna Cannabis Conference in the heart of Europe:
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN VIENNA | Discover how to get to the Conference center and how to experience Vienna with its efficient public transportation system.
- COME TO VIENNA BY PLANE | Curious minds fly cheaper! Austrian Airlines is the official carrier of the International Cannabis Policy Conference 2018
- COME TO VIENNA BY TRAIN | Excellent rail connections to all major European cities makes travelling by train a particularly attractive option.
Vienna has a fully integrated public transport network consisting of 5 underground lines, 28 tram routes and more than 100 bus routes.
- Frequent services: waits of just 3-5 minutes at peak times, rising to between 5 and a maximum of 15 minutes in the evenings.
- Operating times: 05.00-00.30, night service on weekends (Fri and Sat night and the nights before public holidays) 00.30-05.00
The fastest way to the Austria Center Vienna
It takes just seven minutes to reach the Austria Center Vienna from Stephansplatz in the heart of the old town.
Underground line U1 (red)
U1 station Kaisermühlen, VIC
Plan your trip with the route finder of the Wiener Linien.
Plan your route here.
|Single ticket||EUR 2.20|
|24 hour ticket||EUR 8.00|
|72 hour ticket||EUR 29.00|
|Week ticket||EUR 40.00|
(prices valid as at 07/2018)
Tickets can be purchased from the ticket machines in the underground stations, at Wiener Linien ticket offices and online on their website.
Download tip: the quickest way from a to b
The AnachB route finder instantly finds the fastest way to get to your destination by public transport, car or bike, on foot or the best combination of all four – and not just within Vienna. The service also extends to the neighbouring Austrian provinces of Lower Austria and Burgenland.
AnachB is available as a free download for iPhone and Android. Download…
Vienna is a major hub between East and West thanks to its location in the heart of Europe. Vienna International Airport offers 628 daily direct flights to 240 cities worldwide, and is renowned for its high quality service, short transfer intervals and excellent punctuality ratings. Austrian Airlines is Austria’s largest carrier. It operates a global network serving some 130 destinations worldwide.
- only 3 hours away – close to the whole of Europe
- 628 direct flights to 240cities worldwide
- excellent punctuality ratings
Transfers to the city
There are a number of ways to travel into the city from Vienna International Airport. But we ask all of our visitors to think of the environment and use public transport wherever possible.
City Airport Train (CAT)
- 16 minutes to Landstrasse/Wien Mitte station
- Frequency: every 30 minutes
- Airport check-in at the Wien Mitte City Air Terminal
Rail S-bahn commuter railway (S7)
As a cheap alternative to the CAT to get from the Airport, the regular Sbahn S7 railway is the best option.
- 27 minutes to Landstrasse / Wien Mitte station
- Frequency: every 30 minutes during the day
Bus: airport shuttle
- Direct service to the Austria Center Vienna: 30 minutes (stop: Wien Kaisermühlen-Kagran)
- City centre: 17–45 minutes (other stops: Schwedenplatz, Wien Westbahnhof, Rathaus, Schottentor, Volkstheater)
- Frequency: every 30-60 minutes during the day
- Bus transfer Vienna airport – Wien Erdberg (underground station U3) www.flixbus.com
The city has five different underground lines. The U1 will take you from Stephansplatz to Kaisermühlen VIC and the Austria Center Vienna is just a few minutes’ walk from the station.
The airport is located directly on the A4 motorway. It takes around 25 minutes to reach the Austria Center by taxi.
- 25 minutes to the Austria Center Vienna
- Price: around EUR 36
The Austrian rail network is operated by Austrian National Railways (ÖBB). Connections to international destinations arrive at and depart from several different stations in the city.
Travel times from major European cities
Budapest: 1 hour 45 minutes
Munich: 4 hours
Prague: 4 hours 30 minutes
Zurich: 7 hours 45 minutes
Warsaw: 8 hours
Venezia: 8 hours 30 minutes
Berlin: 12 hours
Rome: 13 hours 30 minutes
Visit www.oebb.at for prices and schedules and also watch out for the comfortable “Euronight Express trains” (EN).
Stations to get to the Vienna Cannabis Conference
- Vienna Hauptbahnhof (main station, formerly Südbahnhof)
Construction work on the new Hauptbahnhof has been completed on the site of the old Südbahnho, in 2014. Vienna’s new main station is one of the most advanced in Europe.
Public transport link: U1 station Hauptbahnhof/Südtiroler Platz
- Wien Meidling
Public transport link: U6 station Bahnhof Meidling
The majority of trains from Western Europe and the west of Austria arrive at and depart from Westbahnhof.
Public transport link: U3 and U6 station Westbahnhof
Friday 7th to Sunday 9th, December, 2018
[SPECIAL] PANEL EVENT AT UNITED NATIONS CND MEETING (Attendance to this event requires additional UN ground pass registration and the participation in the welcome reception)
WELCOME RECEPTION – DIPLOMATS AND NETWORKING COCKTAIL
EXPOSITION HALL & HEMP FOOD CAFE
INTERNATIONAL EXPERTS CONFERENCES AND ROUNDTABLE PANELS
INTERNATIONAL CANNABUSINESS BREAKFAST – Award Nominee Presentations
INTERNATIONAL CANNABUSINESS AWARDS DINNER
| Conference Venue
Austria Center Vienna (ACV)
Tel.: +43 (1) 260 69-0
Fax: +43 (1) 260 69-303
The official language of the conference is English – simultaneous interpreting is available in different languages: English | German | Czech | Spanish | and more!
The Vienna International Airport is located 30 minutes from the conference venue. Taxi service (about $50/€30) and a modern airport train (about 10$/€7) provide safe, fast and economic transportation.
Austria time zone is Standard time zone: UTC / GMT + 1 hour
In December temperatures in Vienna range between -1 and 5°C. Rain and snow are possible. December, although one of the coldest months, is a gorgeous time of year to visit Vienna. All throughout this holiday month, the city is home to the famous, cozy & heartwarming Christmas market.
|Liability and Insurance
The conference organizers cannot accept liability for personal injuries sustained, or for loss or damage of property belonging to conference participants (or their accompanying persons), either during, or as a result of the conference.
The country code for Austria is +43
Electricity in Austria is supplied at 220V, 50Hz and has a two pin connecting plug. (Type C)
The unit of currency in Austria is the Euro (€) commonly known as Euro. Approximate currency rate as of August 2017 is as follows:
US $ 1 = Euro € 0,83
Most international credit cards are accepted.
| Value Added Tax Reimbursement (VAT)
The standard VAT rate is 20 %, the reduced rate is 10 %. For more details please visit the official website of the Ministry of Finance.
|Certificate of Attendance
A certificate of attendance may be obtained from the Registration Desk.